Name Unavailable
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Group Issues and Things We need to Improve

3 posters

Go down

Group Issues and Things We need to Improve Empty Group Issues and Things We need to Improve

Post  Muerte Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:57 pm

To start off, no I'm not raging hardcore. This is a post to let you know where we(you included) need to improve in Salvage. We've had several issues from a long period of time. I'm only asking for people to improve in areas which they can outright control. I will not be complaining that such and such doesn't have this piece of gear. Gear doesn't drop 100% so I don't expect people to have it, just for it to be reasonable which everyone's gear is.

Mages: We've wiped far too often (mostly thinking of bosses here) because the tanks were at low HP for too long. You need to react to a drop in HP quickly and not leave tanks below like 80% HP.

Reraise. We've had several occurrences now where mages have not had reraise up, and it has cost us the run each and every time. Cast it, recast it often.

Unnecessary AoE. It's understandable that on occasion one mage may get hit with AoE from mobs (less likely if you have a distance plugin), however, and as shown by the frog today, we can't have both mages get hit but AoE especially when it renders them useless and allows the mob to beat on the tanks unhindered. Keep your distance unless told otherwise. This applies to anything that can be blocked by utsusemi for melee too. If you aren't a tank or don't need to be for 10 seconds, consider getting out of range if the AoE is hefty and utsusemi is down (though most AoEs wipe shadows).

Haste: If mages keep haste on DDs, mobs will die faster. If they die faster, they deal less damage. Haste will also lower utsusemi recast which will make DDs take less damage. It will ultimately save mp. Try to keep the cycle going on all floors. Split it up if you need to.

Tanks/DD/Pulls/Camp Changes/Ports. We are waiting far too long to change camp/port up in certain areas/floors. We are also waiting far too long to engage the next mobs when they haven't been attacked yet. If no mob is being attacked, attack one. You can always change target if I attack something different. Mobs on the first few floors are pushovers so it's not a big deal to hit something you weren't supposed to (usually).

Tanks: Our 2hrs may deal out nice damage, but if we die in the process we are losing a lot of damage (probably more than what we gained) so keep utsusemi going during your 2hrs. Maybe in the case of using hundred fists on something that is not a boss you could stick to using just :Ni. It depends how hard the mob hits.

EDITTED TO ADD HASTE.

Last edited by Muerte on Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:03 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : HASTE)
Muerte
Muerte
Admin

Back to top Go down

Group Issues and Things We need to Improve Empty hey

Post  saarek Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:12 pm

i understand the need for this.. just wanted to point out 1 item really, and thats the whm esuna, which doesnt work on the party unless the whm is hit with an enfeebling effect under aflatus misery. If you see a whm getting hurt and think omg move out of the way.. its because this one spell will remove all enfeebling effects from the whm plus all party members.
saarek
saarek

Back to top Go down

Group Issues and Things We need to Improve Empty Re: Group Issues and Things We need to Improve

Post  Muerte Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:33 pm

Muerte wrote:Keep your distance unless told otherwise. .

That was the reason I threw in this statement.
Muerte
Muerte
Admin

Back to top Go down

Group Issues and Things We need to Improve Empty Also, Attendance

Post  Venlo Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:03 pm

Furthermore, tardies and absences have become a major problem. If you plan on being tardy or absent, please warn the group so that we can adjust our plans accordingly. Either have another member tell Mue or myself, or post here on the forums if you want a guaranteed way of warning us, but please, be sure to let us know.
Venlo
Venlo
Admin

https://nameunavailable.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Group Issues and Things We need to Improve Empty Re: Group Issues and Things We need to Improve

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down