Name Unavailable
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Empyrean Weapons

+2
zer0blivion
Muerte
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Empyrean Weapons Empty Empyrean Weapons

Post  Muerte Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:04 pm

It's been brought to my attention that several people in the shell want to work on their emperean weapons. Due to the hefty amount of work that is required to attain a fully upgraded weapon the linkshell will not be able to attain them for everyone as one collective group. We can work on a few at a time (like relic weapons in a dynamis shell) until they are complete but it doesn't make much sense to get everyone 1 item per week.

Anyone wishing to upgrade emperean weapons please post here so we can build a list of who is interested. Maybe we can get a few groups going to work on more at a time, or maybe we'll just set up a list and run through it. By posting here you let everyone know you're interested and maybe they will want to form a group with you! Or maybe you'll make a group out of who is on here.

People interested thus far:
Kadara (great axe)(currently 80)
Systematicchaos (h2h) (currently 85)(sword/shield)(outside projects)
Zeroblivion (polearm)
Kazuko (harp)
Binckry (club) (currently 80)
Pancakes(dagger)
Dudeknext (Gun)

Low Attendence:
Malestrom (katana)
Garos (gun)

People on this list will be given items based upon their dedication to assisting with farming runs for empyreans. If you aren't showing up, don't expect to upgrade. I understand people are busy and this will also be accounted for.

Up in the air on whether how to continue all the runs. I'm expecting/hoping some farming will be set up outside of shell time (Though there's not much of that free time currently) for people who are serious. It could lead to faster upgrades and more assistance on later stages for those who do. I'll note those who do so and try to reward them accordingly for not taking LS time (i.e. Binck has T1 done outside of shell time, so we'll try to get Him higher priority for T3 if he ever gets heroes Razz).

Current Schedule:
Round 1 Weekdays Mon/Wed/Fri 8-8:30 Start: System Kad Pan Zero Kaz Dude
Round 2 Weekends Time Pending: System Kad Binck Pan Zero Kaz Dude
Round 3 ???: System Kad Binck Pan Zero Kaz Dude

Last edited by Muerte on Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:35 pm; edited 18 times in total
Muerte
Muerte
Admin

Back to top Go down

Empyrean Weapons Empty Re: Empyrean Weapons

Post  zer0blivion Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:40 pm

I'm interested in upgrading my Oathkeeper (Polearm) and require 50 Chloris Buds as well as 50 Ulhuadshi's Fangs.

zer0blivion

Back to top Go down

Empyrean Weapons Empty Empyrean

Post  Kazuko Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:37 am

I'm very interested in Duardabla. Three song harp? HELL YES!

Kazuko

Back to top Go down

Post  pancakesandsex Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:56 pm

I'm interested in doing dagger, but I'm not interested in lotting anything until I'm actually on the appropriate trial. So put me down for twashtar stuff sometime in the near future i guess maybe?

pancakesandsex

Back to top Go down

Post  Muerte Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:27 pm

Wiped out groups because no one is taking initiative in making working with people apart from those already working on an upgrade. Expect to do a lot of work and take initiative if you want to upgrade. If you help someone they will likely help you back, or set up a deal with someone if you want.

Currently since the shell does not setup full farm runs (typically) often to farm for a member's upgrade, it is the responsibility of the members to organize the upgrade farms. I will not setup runs so people can leech upgrade items off of farmed popsets but I will happily help organize runs for people interested in upgrading to farm popsets in smaller groups, perhaps expanding into larger groups depending on who is interested in going. If +2s are also involved I have no issue with occasionally setting up a run focusing on +2s and allowing members to get upgrade items if they are on that trial (i.e. this Sunday Sobek)
Muerte
Muerte
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Muerte Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:42 am

In short thought I've decided we'll split amongst everyone that attends (sold items) until I have further time to determine what I believe to be the fairest system (may be this anyway).
Muerte
Muerte
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  pancakesandsex Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:17 am

I would either split it among all (all, including the person whose empy we are farming for) attendees, since they are the ones helping kill the thing to get the drop, or just don't sell it at all and make someone very very happy that day.

pancakesandsex

Back to top Go down

Post  pancakesandsex Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:35 am

I don't see how its unfair for everyone who's participating to get a cut, as we wouldn't be doing it in the first place if someone wasn't upgrading.

pancakesandsex

Back to top Go down

Post  Shyra Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:53 am

If you really want to make it fair create a poll so we can hear from everyone, including those who aren't getting an empryean weapon. It's not fair for one person to make a decision for all of us. As for myself I think everyone should get a cut even if that means less money for myself.

Shyra

Back to top Go down

Post  Muerte Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:38 am

Personally I'd rather talk to everyone. I'm not making a poll over it. After hearing from most people that is what they lean towards. I'll talk to a few more to get opinions and see what's what before I make a decision.
Muerte
Muerte
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Muerte Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:39 am

pancakesandsex wrote:I don't see how its unfair for everyone who's participating to get a cut, as we wouldn't be doing it in the first place if someone wasn't upgrading.

What can been construed as unfair is how much more those upgrading are getting out of these runs than those who aren't.
Muerte
Muerte
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Muerte Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:16 pm

For future runs, anytime farming an empyrean for someone, should they show up more than 15 minutes late without warning, the run may be cancelled or altered to something else. We will also be trying to start more on time than usual, so if you are starting anything and aren't sure you'll have enough time, don't start it or be prepared to leave it before you finish that task (just in game stuff).

Edit to clarify: Limbus run by DG will not count as interfering with the run Razz I was afk all night this was asked. People already members of another group with times near ours won't be penalized for being at the runs of other shells.
Muerte
Muerte
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Muerte Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:59 am

If anyone could fill me in on the pops that were used Tonight, Wednesday April 27 I would be appreciative so I could update my list to reflect KIs. Thanks.
Muerte
Muerte
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Binckly Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:32 am

completed Mine and Pan's popsets on Glavoid, and used Lyn's Dude's and Zero's Chloris popsets.

oyar and: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oKh0yEGC2M
Bukhis. PARADIN STYRE! @:35 it starts on bukhis <.<;

Binckly

Back to top Go down

Post  Muerte Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:28 pm

Holy. Shit.
Muerte
Muerte
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Binckly Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:10 pm

Muerte wrote:Holy. Shit.
Srsly.

Binckly

Back to top Go down

Post  Binckly Mon May 02, 2011 9:37 am

for the laziness of a thread to post in:
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/4925
Abyssea V.2!

Binckly

Back to top Go down

Post  Muerte Thu May 05, 2011 5:01 pm

So after thinking about this for awhile, I'm putting this out there for opinions, though I'm highly in favor of this:

Stage 3 for Empyreans, a small upgrade, would need to be brewed by the upgrader. We already put tons of time into Empyreans for people, with pretty much no cost to them. Everyone puts in time, and not everyone is upgrading. Stage 3 will be a big hassle otherwise as the mobs could take up to 15 minutes per kill, most taking around 10. For as small an upgrade as it is it hardly seems worth it when some of the mobs don't even drop +2s, or drop very few we need. The group would still help them farm, but we would save probably an hour for every 6 pops simply by using brews. Translated into each empyrean, that's about 8.5 hours per stage 3 upgrade we would save, no counting having to fight with shells to pop because we were there longer. When looking at it, stage 3 shouldn't take that long to farm pops for for some people, but for others it will take quite awhile.

Pros:
-Puts all NMs at stage 3 on even playing field. (Apademak/Azdaja aren't exactly as easy as say Orthrus)
-Saves us lots of time (Anywhere from 3-10 NMs can be downed with a brew in a matter of 10-20minutes)
-Shows the upgrader is serious by incurring a cost that everyone else won't have to upgrade their empyrean

Cons:
-Cost of Brews

Edit: Binck you did your Empyrean80 outside shell time, so there'd probably at least half which we wouldn't end up brewing. It would only make it fair to you.
Muerte
Muerte
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Binckly Thu May 05, 2011 6:30 pm

Muerte wrote:Edit: Binck you did your Empyrean80 outside shell time, so there'd probably at least half which we wouldn't end up brewing. It would only make it fair to you.
Whee. *Is special*

Binckly

Back to top Go down

Post  zer0blivion Thu May 05, 2011 8:25 pm

I'm willing to brew mine, for sure!

zer0blivion

Back to top Go down

Post  Muerte Thu May 05, 2011 8:58 pm

zer0blivion wrote:I'm willing to brew mine, for sure!

Especially on Dragua, it will let us finish a ton of scales in a night since we can Gold box farm them. Only issue is how camped he is.
Muerte
Muerte
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Binckly Thu May 05, 2011 9:03 pm

I don't mind brewing Alfard (I don't even know how bad he is...:S) for whatever-number-we'll-stop-doing-them when i get heroes/200k brews

Binckly

Back to top Go down

Post  pancakesandsex Fri May 06, 2011 6:42 pm

I don't mind brewing, planned to anyway eventually. I don't want brewing to be the only way to do stage 3 upgrades in the group though... Once more people hit stage 3 I think it'd be cool to keep going with the current way of doing stage 1's and 2's and just brew whenever the situation allows/calls for it. If that's what you planned, cool we're in agreement. I just don't wanna go to "brew or we're not doing it".

pancakesandsex

Back to top Go down

Post  Muerte Sat May 07, 2011 2:59 am

pancakesandsex wrote:I don't mind brewing, planned to anyway eventually. I don't want brewing to be the only way to do stage 3 upgrades in the group though... Once more people hit stage 3 I think it'd be cool to keep going with the current way of doing stage 1's and 2's and just brew whenever the situation allows/calls for it. If that's what you planned, cool we're in agreement. I just don't wanna go to "brew or we're not doing it".

Well, look at it this way, we wouldn't doing it for someone who isn't willing to put the extra work/gil/cruor in, and most will be brewed. It's a big hassle for a small upgrade, and the group deserves the courtesy of saving the time I think, especially those who are just helping. Essentially if we do all the same things for someones weapon, anyone is really entitled to that weapon, so it's a way to make it stand out that it's yours, and I think 2-3mil cruor, maybe more even is a small price to pay for an Empyrean.
Muerte
Muerte
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  pancakesandsex Sat May 07, 2011 10:49 am

Whelp, I'm still perfectly willing to put in the extra time to help people kill normally when a brew isn't available, or the mob is too camped to allow for it. Once we start completing more 85's it's only going to get faster too.

pancakesandsex

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next